- 3 large zucchinis
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 c. half and half (or whole milk)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan (plus more for serving)
- 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley
- Make zucchini “pappardelle”: Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create long, thick strips. Lay flat on a paper towel-lined baking sheet until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add half and half and cream cheese and cook, stirring often, until cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked chicken, zucchini pappardelle and parsley. Serve immediately.