- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar*
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar*
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set pan aside. In large mixing bowl stir together flours, granulated and brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In medium bowl combine milk, eggs, banana, oil, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly.
- Bake about 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate and half-and-half. Microwave, uncovered, on 50% power (medium) for 1 minute. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until completely smooth. Let stand to thicken slightly. Spoon evenly atop cooled cake.
- *Sugar Substitutes Choose Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking to substitute for the granulated sugar. Choose Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for Baking to substitute for the brown sugar. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup granulated or brown sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes Nutrition analysis per serving: same as above except 177 calories, 27 g carbohydrate, 10 g total sugar, 175 mg sodium, 5% calcium Exchanges .5 other carb Carb Choice: 2
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 197 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 1 mg chol., 177 mg sodium, 34 g carb. (2 g fiber, 17 g sugars), 4 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 1; Starch (d.e): 1.5; Other Carb (d.e): 1