- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups chopped carrots (6 medium)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions (2 large)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until light brown. Drain off fat
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker layer carrots, chicken, onions, garlic, and ginger.
- In a medium bowl whisk together broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and salt. Pour over the mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 130 cal., 4 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 36 mg chol., 432 mg sodium, 14 g carb. (3 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 10 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 0.5; Lean Meat (d.e): 1; Vegetables (d.e): 2.5